While buying a property in Bangalore you may require signing a number of documents, failing which one can land into a legal trouble. Bangalore property approvals are crucial for any person looking for investing in a land or a house or even an apartment to check the land, certificate and other approvals. One may get nothing at the end in spite of having spent millions, purely because of the unclear titles and absence of requisite approvals. Such horrifying situations can surely be evaded if you have clear knowledge about what necessary documents you must ask from the seller and subsequently, have in your custody. A possession of a property is rendered valid not only by occupying the place or living in it, but also by possessing these legal documents that you must have with you as a clear title holder. So, what are the Bangalore property approvals you need for buying a property in Bangalore, let’s find out.

Site approval

Site approval or building approval plan requires the land owner to get his property site approved by the authority regulating the property development matters of the area where it is located. For example, Bangalore has multiple regulatory bodies such as BDA (Bangalore Development Authority), BMRDA (Bangalore Metropolitan Region Development Authority), BBMP (Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike) and BIAPPA (Bangalore International Airport Area Planning Authority). The building site should be approved by any of these properties depending upon the location; else you may fall trap to legal hassles. You must have these documents to get through BDA plan approval process Bangalore:

  • Property Assessment Extract,
  • Title Deed,
  • Property PID Number,
  • City Survey Sketch (From The Department Of Survey And Settlement And Land Records),
  • Tax Paid Receipt
  • Earlier Sanctioned Plans (If Any),
  • Property Sketches,
  • 2 Demand Draft Copies,
  • Foundation Certificate (If Any) And
  • Land Use Certificate issued by the designated authority (such as., Dy. Commissioner).

To know what is BDA approved site, one may find the information from property portals and concerned departments of the State that have complete account of the approval procedures.

Sale Deed

A sale deed is the legal document that clearly outlines the transfer of property from the seller to the buyer. Before executing the sale deed, the buyer must ascertain the clear title of the seller else the contract stands void. Also, whether encumbrance certificate is obtained or not should be checked by the buyer before bringing the sale deed in action. If there are any terms or conditions to be followed, these should be mentioned clearly in a sales agreement, following which the sale deed comes into action.

Commencement certificate (for the buildings under construction)

A commencement certificate is the token approval granted by the authorities to use the site for construction. The whole establishment may get black-listed and the owners may face eviction as well as penalty if they start construction on the site without getting the nod. This certificate is issued when the local bodies like BBMP, BDA officials inspect the place and ascertain that the site is safe for construction and does not pose threat to the well-beings of the inhabitants as well as surroundings.

Conversion certificate

Cities are being expanded to make room for growing population. Agriculturists find it difficult to sustain their occupation due to ill-practices and are tempted to sell out their lands to the builders who convert them into residential areas. This conversion from agriculture land to non-agriculture requires the approval from the revenue authority. The revenue authority, then, requests the DTCP department to issue NOC for the conversion. Only those lands that have failed the owner in delivering profit-making outputs are supposed to qualify for conversion.

How to obtain conversion certificate

The owner is required to furnish following documents for getting this certificate:

  • Village map
  • Land sketch
  • Copies of the R.T.C extracts,
  • No dues certificate from village accountant
  • Title deed
  • Mutation records copy
  • Attested copy of the land tribunal
  • Zonal certificate

Bangalore Property approvals – Things to keep in mind

Mother Deed

A chain of ownerships presented in the form of a document are required to establish the transparency in sales deal. The instances of transfer of property are traced back to the original owner in this document. Mother Deed lets the buyer know how the seller got the property i.e. whether the property is a result of partition, inheritance, a gift etc is ascertained through this document. There should not be any missing links in the chain and if present, the missing information can be retrieved from the regulatory offices.

Encumbrance certificate

This is a record of transactions or registrations such as mortgage, sale/purchase etc. made on property during the period for which Encumbrance Certificate is sought. This approval comes into picture when a person intends to buy a property held as security for home loan/mortgage. However, this certificate does not provide a complete picture as it does not take into account the unregistered transactions, wills or mortgages taken place during the specified period. Mostly, it is advisable to ask for the EC for 30 years, but it should be accompanied with other secondary documents to ascertain the previous ownership chain clearly.

Completion certificate and occupancy certificate

These certificates is necessary only when selling the constructed building.

A completion certificate is issued by the builder and testifies that the building is constructed exactly as per the approved plans. It also entails information about the compliance of the plans in terms of building’s height and distance from the road. This approval makes it easier for the buyer to apply for loan.

Another certificate issued by the builder is called occupancy certificate and it tells the buyer that the building or house is ready for occupancy. It is required for taking home loan, for transfer of khata and for buying a property that says ‘ready to move-in’. Once this certificate is issued, the builder declares that the construction is completed as per the agreement and that there is no discrepancy.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *